AllBestEssays.com - All Best Essays, Term Papers and Book Report
Search

Female Workers in Japanese Silk Factories Did the Cost Outweigh the Costs Outweigh the Benefits?

Autor:   •  October 10, 2018  •  Essay  •  310 Words (2 Pages)  •  25 Views

Page 1 of 2

DBQ: Female Workers in Japanese Silk Factories

Did the Cost Outweigh the Costs Outweigh the Benefits?

Final Draft Paragraphs

Factory conditions for women in Japanese silk factories were beneficial to both workers and the country. To start off, the working conditions for women in silk factories were fairly good. In document f one can see the female laborers enjoyed having good and consisting meals. It is conveyed in document d that not many women left their jobs bases on anything related to work. Also women in the silk factories were paid a lot more than women in other jobs. Its evident that in document c women in the silk factories were paid a higher wage. As you can see in document f 70% of the women said their pay was good and the other 30% said it was average. In conclusion women had an opportunity to be employed. It is clear that in document d it says many women were employed.It is conveyed in document a that 92% of the workers in the silk factories were female.

Factory conditions for women in Japanese silk factories were not beneficial to the workers. First off, women were many times over worked. It is depicted in document b that the average work day was 13 to 14 hours. As you can see in document g the women working in the silk factory worked from 4pm to 4am. Next point is that women most of the time were taken advantage of. In document f 90% of women said the inspection was harrowing. Its evident that in document d 24% of women quit their job because of illness. In conclusion, women in the silk factories were treated bad. It is conveyed in document c women were paid less the men. As you can see in document B in a 14 hour day they got a total 45 minutes break.

...

Download as:   txt (1.7 Kb)   pdf (38.9 Kb)   docx (10.3 Kb)  
Continue for 1 more page »
Only available on AllBestEssays.com