Autor: nikky • May 10, 2011 • 1,668 Words (7 Pages) • 2,288 Views
Analyze the information from the recruiting data and prepare a report showing the results of the analysis for your director.
1. Start by developing a recruitment guide like that shown in Table 5.3 in the textbook. Note that the current situation differs from the example provided in the book because there is no specific timeline for hiring; this is a continuous recruiting effort because even as positions are being filled, new positions are becoming available. It is also different because Tangle wood does not have a specific list of minimal educational requirements as qualifications
Position: Store Associate
Reports to: Shift Leader
Educational Qualifications: None
Relevant labor market: Regional Pacific Northwest
Timeline: Open continuously
Activities to undertake to source candidates:
Traditional media advertising
Request employee referrals
Utilize in store kiosks
Utilize state job service agencies
Utilize staffing agency
Staff members involved:
HR Recruiting Managers
Regional Store Managers
2. Describe the best "targets" for your recruiting efforts by considering the job and organizational context. Evaluate the various methods of recruiting in terms of whether they seem more like "open" or "targeted" recruiting, using the information in the book to help you make this decision. If some methods seem more "targeted," whom do you think they target?
Traditional media advertising is an open recruiting method. Ads are placed in newspapers and journals, recorded and played on radio or TV and placed on the Internet as banners to attract a wide variety of job seekers.
Employee referral is an open and somewhat targeted recruiting method that is a valuable source for finding job applicants. Current Employees refer people that they know for consideration and this usually presents the company with a small pool of applicants that are a potentially better fit with the company. While this method is considered open recruiting it seems to target individuals that already have knowledge of the company's culture having been informed by the referring current employee.
In store kiosks are an open, alternative and interactive recruiting method that allows applicants the opportunity to complete the entire application process electronically and provide applicants with information about the company and automatic test results without the use of the Internet.
State job service agencies are a targeted recruitment method aimed at available low to mid-level applicants. Based on required qualifications the service helps with the initial screenings and hiring recommendations and tax incentives are tied to the hiring of these applicants. In order for this method to work the company will have to maintain a close relationship with the service and alert them when positions are filled so that resumes are not sent for closed positions.
The use of staffing agencies is an open recruiting method that provides a pool of semi-trained candidates that are usually hired as part of the core workforce by the company on a temp to permanent basis.
3. For each division use the data tables provided in Appendix B to estimate how each method fares in terms of yields and costs. Provide a one-page summary of the essential results of the various data tables you have been provided.
* Media recruiting method had an average cost of $503.00 per applicant that yielded 536 qualified employees and 204 hires out of 1430 applicants of these, 92 (45%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Referrals had an average cost of $7,757.00 per applicant that yielded 1564 qualified candidates and 1048 hires of which 712 (68%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Kiosks had an average cost of $775.00 per applicant that yielded 1278 qualified candidates and 652 hires of which 358 (55%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Job service agencies average cost were $168.00 per applicant that yielded 1398 qualified candidates and 378 hires of which 284 (75%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Media recruiting method had an average cost of $392.00 per applicant that yielded 1608 qualified employees and 676 hires, of these 352 (52%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Referrals an average cost of $634.00 per applicant that yielded 1720 qualified employees and 1016 hires, of these 762(75%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Kiosks had an average cost of $714.00 per applicant that yielded 1110 qualified employees and 444 hires, of these 284 (64%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Media recruiting method had an average cost of $381.00 per applicant that yielded 1102 qualified employees and 364 hires, of these 164 (45%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Kiosks had an average cost of $577.00 per applicant that yielded 1656 qualified employees and 696 hires, of these 446 (64%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Job service agencies average cost were $1125.00 per applicant that yielded 614 qualified candidates and 490 hires of which 402 (82%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Referrals an average cost of $762.00 per applicant that yielded 610 qualified employees and 396 hires, of these 290 (73%) were still employed after 1 year.
* Kiosks had an average cost of $618.00